Thursday, November 20, 2014

Goals for when I'm skinny

It seems obligatory for one to have a list of things they want to do when they are skinny.  So I thought I would post one.  

1. Run a half marathon (Especially the disney princess) (scheduled for May 2015)

I've always been fascinated by people who just go for a run.  Like it's easy.  Like it's nothing. And really, I'm a girl who loves bling, so a bright shiny medal seems like a great thing to have.  Especially if you have one of these. And anything that gives me an excuse to go to the house of the mouse is a good thing.  I don't know why Disney runs in particular seem so magical.  I mean, there's the running in the parks, which i know from experience is pretty cool, but I'm trying to find the joy in running itself (and I think I'm getting there)

2. Run a full marathon (especially the Disney World Marathon)

I always said a marathon was crazy and I would never do one, but now that running is getting kind of fun, I want to train for one and see.  I'll definitely have to get faster though, because at a 14:00 min/mile pace, it would take me 6 hours, which is just too long.  I get down to a 9 or 10 min/mile and we'll see.  

3. Get a coast to coast medal

For those whole don't know, the coast to coast medal is given to those who do a Disney race at WDW and DL in the same calendar year.  

4. Wear a size 10 (a single digit size is too hard to imagine right now)

I actually don't remember when the last time I was in a size 10.  I can remember dreaming of a 14 or even a 12.  So we'll see.  I'm down from a 26 to an 18 now.  

5. Try rock climbing (indoors...i don't love the outdoors)

I tried this on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas and I just couldn't make it to the top (but I could watch the 7 year olds fly by me!  Fun!) So I want to try this again.  I don't love heights, but it looks fun.  Plus all the best American Ninja Warriors are rock climbers.  Heh

6. Climb to the top of Upper Yosemite Falls (so i can give the outdoors a chance)

I actually do enjoy hiking in Yosemite (especially if I get to come back to a nice cabin or hotel room instead of a tent afterwards.)  I'm done the Vernal Falls trip as a plus size gal, but I would never even think of trying the upper Yosemite Falls trek unless I was really fit and I would love to see it since you couldn't pay me to climb that ridiculous ladder up half dome.    

7. Retire the fat girl logistics department

All plus size gals know what this is and most have a name for it in their heads (it's not something one usually talks about aloud.)  It's the evaluation and assessment of space when entering a room or situation.  Can I fit in that space without putting myself in a position where I will be embarrassed by my weight.  It's getting on the Finding Nemo Submarines and knowing you will take up more than one of the tiny seats and hoping the person loading accounted for that in their count.  It's squeezing through the jungle cruise turnstiles sideways.  It's getting on a bus and hoping you can fit down the aisle without touching someone with your butt and without crowding someone in their seat.  Will I fit in that booth?  Are these chairs too delicate?  It's exhausting.  I just want to fit in the world.  To not have to worry so much.

8. Wrap a towel around myself

A regular towel, not a beach towel.  I can't remember when I was last able to do this.

9. Get a massage and be able to fit comfortably without asking for a man's robe

I've had many massages, but I hate the robes.  I always have to ask for a men's robe and I still feel like I have to hold it together when I sit down.  I want it to wrap around me and feel cozy rather than exposed.  

10. Take a beginner ballet class

I'm fascinated by ballet.  I took it as a little girl and then stopped and then I was too big.  My son and I love to dance around in our living room to The Nutcracker Ballet and I would love to have so much flexibility.  I actually thought about signing the kiddo up for ballet lessons, since I have this weird dream for him to dance in the nutcracker (what?  plenty of boys do it! And he loves to dance!), but I didn't because I thought the other mothers would think I was fat.  I found a local studio that does beginner ballet lessons for adults and I am dying to do it, but I just can't at a size 18.  I'm hoping I will feel more comfortable in my skin and can tackle this goal someday.  

So, that's my list.  Hopefully someday I can start marking them off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment