Monday, November 24, 2014

Long Run

Sorry for not posting on Friday.  I'm working on two posts, one is a review of my Fitbit Flex and the other is about eating paleo on a Disney Cruise which I will likely break down into a couple posts.  Neither of them were ready to post on Friday, so that's why I didn't post.

Today, I thought I would share my long run from Sunday.  I think this perfectly describes it:


That is what I said to my hubby before I went out for my run.  I didn't realize that it would actually be true.  I mean, Morgan Freeman didn't narrate it, of course (except in my head) but it was an awesome run!

As I've mentioned, I'm using the Jeff Galloway training plan from the RunDisney website for my event, the Star Wars 10k, in January.  I was supposed to run 4.25 miles but I got a bit lost and ended up doing 4.74.  Here are my splits:



This is HUGE for me.  This is the not only the first time I got under a 14:00 min/mile pace but it's the first time I got under a 13:00 min/mile pace!!  This was so amazing and I was really excited since I actually felt like I was going really slow.  I had no idea that I was actually flying!  At least for me.  My goal for the 10k was a 14:00 min mile pace, but I think I may have to modify that some.  

Next week is just a 30 minute easy run, so I won't have another long run for two weeks.  

Now, I just have to hope that my dinner tonight didn't ruin my chances for a great weigh in on Wednesday.  I went to a local Farm to Table place called Roxy and I ate paleo, but I worry I ate too much.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment