Friday, November 7, 2014

Hello Interwebs!

I guess I should start by introducing myself. I'm Sarah, a thirty-something wife, mom and Disney fanatic. Here's a picture of me close to my heaviest weight in 2011:

Old pictures of me are hard to find because I hated having pictures taken. A little over a year ago, I decided that I should really lose some weight. I was around 275 pounds and I hated how I looked and how I felt. I was bigger than most of the "befores" on the Biggest Loser. I couldn't really keep up with my growing toddler. Not that any of these things caused much in the way of action on my part. I decided to try the Paleo diet, but was really more Primal since I included dairy, and rice...and chocolate...so pretty much i just left out bread and pasta. My philosophy at the time was: I'm willing to give up bread but you can pry cheese from my cold, dead, (and still fat) fingers.

By February 2014, I weighed 281.7 lbs. So, yeah, that wasn't working. Clearly eating a mountain of bacon wasn't working. In February, I decided, enough. Enough of feeling like crap and being tired. Enough stomach problems from stuffing myself at every meal. Just enough.

 I read It All Stars with Food and decided to try a Whole30. And it changed everything. I lost 11 pounds that month and soon, I was on my way. Now, I'm down 68.7 pounds. I went from a size 26 to a size 18 and I still have a ways to go. Along the way, I've done a juice fast, another whole30, and started running and working with a trainer.

 My goal is to get to 135 lbs. That would but me right in the middle of "normal" for a BMI (as opposed to the Morbidly Obese II I started at). But I have other goals too. I want to run a 10k, a half marathon and a full marathon. And I want them all to be runDisney events. Right now I am signed up to do the Star Wars 10k in January 2015 (just 70-ish days away!) and the Tinkerbell Half in May 2015. I want to be able to climb the stairs at work and not get winded. I want to get into a size 10 pant (at least...hard to imagine a single digit size at this point.) But most of all, I want to reach Onederland. I want to get back to a weight with a 1 on the front. I'm 13.1 pounds away at this point and I want to get there. I'm hoping that having some accountability here will help me (even if no one is reading this.)

 So, here I go! Onward to Onederland.

No comments:

Post a Comment