Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday 11/12/2014

Quick note: Sorry about not posting yesterday.  I'm trying to post every weekday, but with the kiddo's school closed yesterday for Veteran's Day, I spent the day with him and didn't get a chance to post. 

Welcome to Weigh-in Wednesday!  I arbitrarily decided that Wednesday would be my official weigh in day.  Plus Weigh in Wednesday sounds cool.  So there's that. Now, in the interest of full disclosure I will admit that I weigh every day.  I need that instant correction or gratification that weighing every day gives me.  I've tried weighing once a week, and once during my second whole30, I went 30 days without weighing.  I was actually jonesing harder for the scale than for a cookie.  So, I accept it and I weigh every day.  But for accountability purposes, I will just post once a week here.  So here it is (note, I can't believe I'm about to post my weight on the internet....*deepbreath*):

Weight last week: 214.0
Weight today: 216.0
Loss this week: -2.0 (Gain)
Total Lost: 65.60
Total to Goal: 76.0

So I gained about 2 pounds this week.  One look at my Pinterest board for "Recipes for this week" had the answer why.  Pumpkin bread, chocolate bread, pumpkin spice cookies, gingerbread cookies.  They were all paleo recipes, but yeah, sugar is a problem for me.  I'll talk more about that in a later post (as well as my frustrations with Pinterest) but in short, sugar is a problem for me.  Natural or not.  Add to that the endless sweet potato fries I had way too many of at Red Robin on Sunday and you get that kind of a gain.  I actually lost a pound since yesterday, but it was 3 days in a row of the number going up, up, up.

The reason it went down a bit since yesterday is that yesterday I decided to start a new whole30.  I mean, technically, I think it's going to be more of a whole14 or something like that, since I just need to get back on track before Thanksgiving, but getting back on track will let me examine what I'm doing and make some more permanent changes.  At least I hope so. I'll share more about my whole30 experiences in a later post.  So, yesterday I did much better eating wise and I'm already feeling better.  So hopefully next week's number will be better.  15.3 to go til Onederland!

No comments:

Post a Comment