Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Oops!

My apologies for not posting yesterday and for the missing recipe.  I'm still figuring out this blogging thing, so for now, I will just link to the recipe and tell you what I love about it.  As for not posting...I meant to last night but I forgot.

So, here is the link to the recipe I mentioned:

http://www.ourpaleolife.com/2013/02/crockpot-paleo-minestrone-soup/

This soup is just amazing.  Even my vegetable hating husband loves it. It is packed with veggies and it is great to come home to the house smelling so great from it cooking all day in the crockpot.  The only changes I make to the recipe are that I use a garnet yam instead of a sweet potato and I use 1 zucchini and 1 yellow squash and a whole box of spinach.  I also buy ground pork and season it myself.  

I hate to talk about clothes two days in a row, but on Sunday I went shopping for some new work tops.  Seems I didn't keep very many over the years.  So I went to the mall and grabbed a bunch of XL sized shirts.  I was pretty excited to be able to select shirts from the regular departments instead of the "women's" department (code for Plus Size.)  So, then I headed into the fitting room.  The kiddo insisted on accompanying me.  I guess so he could stare at himself in the mirror (and attempt to lick himself as well...oh to be 2 and not a germaphobe like mommy.)  Anyways, while he checked himself out in the mirror I tried on the first shirt.  It looked ok, just kind of funny.  Then the next and the next.  All seemed to be cut weird.  Not tight, just not fitting.  And then I suddenly thought to myself...Is it possible that these XL shirts are too big?  I can't remember the last time I was a size large.  It certainly wasn't in the last decade.  But I went back and grabbed some larges just to see.  And HOLY COW THEY FIT!!!!  It was amazing!  And then, remember those size 16 pants I tried on at lane bryant?  Well, I was looking at some dresses and saw one I really liked.  But the largest size they had was a 16.  Was it possible?  It was!  Now, the dress is Spanx-required, but it fits and it looks amazing.  

So, I am super excited to be in my new clothes, and hopefully I will write about something else tomorrow.  Heh

No comments:

Post a Comment